2007-06-16

070607 - 12 Trip to HK II - Gourmet's Paradise 1



Having been traveling & living in more than 30 countries in the world, I dare to say that Hong Kong is one of the gourmet's paradises on earth!

Besides the local Kantonese cuisine, you can find all varieties of the Chinese cuisine, such as spicy Sichuan dishes, sweet glutinous Shanghai kitchen, Beijing style imperial taste etc. In addition, HK is also the hub for western and other Asian cuisines. French, British, American, Thai, Indian, Egyptian etc. You name it. As long as you've got enough space in the belly, no worry about finding the right food for it.

After 2-week stay in Nepal, where Nepali/Newari/Indian food is the mainstream kitchen and rather monotone, I found my stomach has been well compensated for the lack of varieties. With 5 days in HK, I tried my best to savour as many sorts of Kantonese and Haka delicatessen as possible. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts after each meal etc. I've never eaten so much food within such a short period in my life!!!! Here I owe a thank to Nepal - without 2 weeks of nearly "fasting" (my stomach was frequently empty there - either no food to feed or food getting in & coming out fast), I wouldn't be able to swallow all these dishes!

No comments: